sapi and DICTIONARY QUESTION

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:00:36 +0200

Hi crhis
You said something the last time about changing something in  a .jss source
script file so that I can use more than one dictionary at the same time.
Did I understood you correctly? Could   you  please give me the steps how to
do this?
HI all
I installed sappi5 at work with all 3 voices.
I noticed that mike and mary, well I even don't use sam, I don't like its
voice, but I like mike and mary's voices a  lot.
So  I Noticed that with the sapi voices, it reads strange names weird if its
capitalized.
These html documents with the service requests, are all in upper case.
Is there a way I can set sapi to read the names more properly?
With the elequoence synthesizer, regardless of how strange the name is, it
would read it more propperly than sapi.
With a common surname such as barkley, sapI would read it properly even if
the surname is capitals, but for instance surnames in our country, Afrikaans
surnames, which is  foreign to American surnames, those sapi reads extremely
weird if they are in capitals.
These names are too many to add to the dictionary.
thanks