Re: remove shared components

  • From: "Richard sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:01:46 -0800

Hi bob,

Unless necessary, I would recommend that you do not remove shared
components. Although, in this case, you just might have to.

The other day, I was working with John Carson at FS to resolve an issue I
have. We removed jaws 9, including shared components, using the control
panel and rebooted. Then when the system came back up, using narrator, we
encountered a dialog box about video intercept. We ignored this box at the
time. We had to use narrator to go to C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific
and delete the shared folder. Then we had to run a repair on jaws 8 to get
something back. After many attempts and rebooting the system, I finally got
it back up and running. Then downloaded the full release of jaws 9 and
installed that.

In essence, I am suggesting A couple of things. The best thing you can do is
have someone with eyes around to help in case narrator does not work
properly. Secondly, save the install file to the desktop where you can find
it easily for installation.

HTH

Rich