RE: reading powerpoint slides

  • From: "George B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:10:48 -0700

tom i have pasted below some helpful items.
also open your powerpoint presentation and then do f1 twice and you will get
all the help for jaws and powerpoint. this is  where the information below
came from

hth

JAWS Commands for PowerPoint
Description
 Command

Navigation
Switch panes in Normal view
 F6

Switch panes in Normal view in reverse order
 SHIFT+F6

Follow selected hyperlink
 CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

View a list of hyperlinks in the current slide
 INSERT+F7

Next Object
 TAB

Prior Object
 SHIFT+TAB

Up a Level
 ESC

Prior Slide
 PAGE UP

Next Slide
 PAGE DOWN

Up one level in Save as or Open dialogs
 ALT+1

Back to previous folder in Save as or Open dialog boxes
 ALT+2

Reading
Say Next Screen
 CTRL+PAGE DOWN

Say Prior Screen
 CTRL+PAGE UP

Retreat Slide Show
 BACKSPACE

Read table column by column
 INSERT+SHIFT+C

Read table row by row
 INSERT+SHIFT+R

Read notes in Normal or Slide Show view
 CTRL+SHIFT+N

Information
Say Font
 INSERT+F

Say object dimensions and location
 CTRL+SHIFT+D

Say PowerPoint version
 CTRL+INSERT+V

Say selected object
 INSERT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW

Say shape animation information
 CTRL+SHIFT+A

Say slide information
 CTRL+SHIFT+S

Say status bar information
 INSERT+DELETE

Show a list of comments associated with the current slide
 CTRL+SHIFT+APOSTROPHE

Read spell check dialog
 INSERT+F7

Other
Close Office Assistant
 CTRL+INSERT+F4

Note: The Office Assistant is not available in Microsoft Office 2007 or
later.

Select an object on current slide
 CTRL+SHIFT+O

Toggle table reading method