RE: quick books and jaws

  • From: "gary melconian" <globcastcapital@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:00:58 -0700

Hello I have been using quickbooks with jaws ever since quickbook 2002 it is
a clumsy interface with jaws and you have to make use of the jaws cursor
frequently along with eh pc curso to be able to perform  accounting
functions and tasks. I am hoping that a jaws scriptor can script the
interface to work with quickbooks and if I could find some one that would do
I would be willing to test it since I make use of accounting packages as I
am an accountant by profession and I am legally blind. I do taxes,
accounting, audits, and all that  as well as financial planning, financial
work on the side.  I will try to help anyone who wants to try to script
quickbooks to work with jaws in a more efficient  manner then it currently
does.  I would bet that if someone could just download a trial of
quickbooks and if they have more programming knowledge then I  could then
script it to work, I am hoping for that to happen one of these from  all the
jaws scriptors who ar out there and who make a living on doing that sort of
stuff, I know that rehab agencies and other agencies would be willing to pay
for that sort of script since there  is a demand for accountants and that
know quickbooks and would be willing to learn and train others out there
and after they are efficient with quickbooks , you can make a six figure
income consulting in quickbooks in which intuit has a certification program
every year and after being certified for 3 years then you are an advanced
certified quickbooks advisor, I have passed the regular certification for
quickbooks for the past three and I am trying to get the advanced
certification. The certification required that you understand the inner
working of quickbooks , you read the manual that they  provide  in pdf
format which is accessible, as well as watch some flash videos  that are
accessible as well, have through their certification areas of their website
but their clumsy interface of quickbooks is what needs to change and make
screenreaders more accessible with it since 80 % of small business out hter
make use ofh e package an that there could be a lot of legally blind and
blind professionals to do tha sort of work and do it on a free lance basis
and establish themselves as a self employed business which I am doing
currently. I hope that I am able to assist any one who wants to venture in
these areas or line of work.

database 3201 (20080619) __________

http://www.eset.com