Re: question about voices

  • From: "G.W. Cox" <gwcox2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:07:32 -0700

This may help:
Voice Profiles

The Global Voices and Individual Voices profiles in JAWS have been updated to
closely match functionality available in MAGic 11 and later. These profiles
let you create and save speech rate, pitch, synthesizer, language, punctuation
level, and other speech options. Use the Default and Application radio buttons
to apply the voice settings as new JAWS default values or as voice settings to
a specific application. For more information about these items, open the
JAWS Help file, select the Using JAWS book from the Table of Contents pane, and
then open the Voice Settings book.

To open the dialog box for either voice profile, choose Options (ALT+O
) from the JAWS application window, select Voices (V
), and then select Global Adjustment (G
) or Individual Voice Adjustment (I). To change voice profiles on the fly,
press INSERT+CTRL+S to open the Select a Voice Profile dialog box, and then
select
a profile from the list.

Language Menu Changes

The Synthesizer Language and Change Synthesizer commands have been removed from
the Language menu in the JAWS application window and been replaced by the
Voice Profiles command. This new command lets you select and instantly switch
to another synthesizer and voice combination that you set up as a voice profile.
For more about voice profiles, open the JAWS Help file, and refer to the Global
Voices or Individual Voices topics. These topics are found in Voice Settings
in the Using JAWS book.