Re: problems with ad aware se personal

  • From: <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:50:56 -0400

Thank you for this.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: G.W. Cox
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 1:59 PM
  Subject: Re: problems with ad aware se personal

  As Ad Aware is no longer supporting that version, you should probably look
into Super Antispyware and/or Malware Bites. Meanwhile, Here are some old
directions on how to manually update Ad Aware from Erin Edgar which I held onto.
  Hi,
  I received these steps for manually updating AdAware 6 via another e-mail
list and have used them with good results.

  Steps for manually updating Add Aware.

  1 Paste this link into your web browser.

  "http://download.lavasoft.com/public/defs.zip";

  2 When the download dialog box comes up just tab over to open and hit enter.

  3 There should be only 1 file in this zip folder. Highlight it with the arrow
key and push control c to copy it to the clipboard. By the way the name of

  the file you are looking for is called "defs.ref".

  4 Now hit the Windows key and the m key to go to the desktop.

  5 Hit the m key until you find my computer. Hit the enter key now and arrow
down to your C drive and hit enter again.

  6 Hit the p key until you hear program files. Then hit enter here.

  7 Now hit the l key until you hear Lavasoft. Now you can hit enter to go in
to this folder.

  8 Now hit the arrow key you should hear some thing like Ad-Aware SE Personal,
go ahead and hit enter here.

  9 Last but not least go ahead and paste the file that you have in the
clipboard with a control v key.

  10 You can close all of the Windows you currently have open, and run Add
aware to make sure the updated file was installed correctly.

  Erin