re:pop access Re: m.s.n. hot mail link

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:32:43 -0400

Stefano,

Your Outlook Express settings for accessing your Hotmail account should
continue to work after September 1, since you are using pop3.

If you were using an earlier access method supported by Hotmail, you would
need to change to pop3 before September 1.

Now I have a question for you:

Do you have access to the "Bulk Mail" folder in Outlook Express, and is junk
mail downloaded to that folder whenever you connect to your hotmail?

I just switched my Outlook Express settings to pop3 access for hotmail, and
I no longer get junk mail in my bulk mail folder. I have to access hotmail
via the browser, and then check the junk mail folder to see if anything has
mistakenly been sent there.

Do you or anyone else on this list know how to get hotmail to send junk mail
to the bulk mail folder in Outlook Express?

Alan