RE: password protecting folders

  • From: "Jennifer Frazier" <jfrazier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:20:45 -0700

I agree there are files you may wish to keep private from your children.
Financial, journals etc.

We use Net Nanny.  My Sighted husband set it up so I do not know if the
set up is accessible.  It allows you to set certain folders for your
children to access.  You can see how long they have been on the Internet
(if you are a media restricter like me), you can restrict them from
chats (not safe; scary place for children to hang out on) and various
web sights.  There is a log on so that parents and children may have
different access.  The program can be found under programs and the
choice net nanny users.  It is necessary to use the Jaws cursor to log
in and out; but it is workable.  Again, I didn't set it up but the
logging screen is workable.

Jennifer