Re: ms works with jaws 6.2

  • From: "Jessie Neagle" <wesjess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:19:44 +1000

MessageHi Mark

We have Microsoft Works 4 and have often wondered whether Jaws could be made to
work with it.  I have just had a look at Jaws 6 Help Menu and Works is not one
of the Microsoft applications listed.  I had a play around with Works  with
Jaws and concluded you would have to know the Alt keystrokes to get it to work.
 The first screen you encounter on entering Works gives you three alternatives:
Task Wizard (useless), Existing Documents (Alt E) and Works Tools (Alt T).
Existing Documents enables you to arrow down some Works documents and pressing
Enter to get into them.  You can also arrow down to Help Me Find A Document or
Open a Document Not Listed Here.  Either of these gets you into Find Files or
Folders.  Works Tools gets you into four alternatives: Word Processor (Alt W),
Spreadsheet (Alt S), Database (Alt D) and Communications (Alt C). It would be
nice if a script could be written for it, as you can't get Jaws to read the
Cell References like Excel does,  It is much cheaper than buying Microsoft
Office and I think the spreadsheet is easier to work with than Excel, but only
for a sighted user.

Wes and Jessie Neagle