Re: mirror driver error, can anyone help?

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 20:48:36 +0100

This used to happen a lot with JAWS 11 and JAWS 10 for the most part. This has been fixed with the latest update, 11.0.1147.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth

On 07/06/2010 19:20, Kirsten Edmondson wrote:
Hi
I have recently got a new computer running Windows 7. I have upgraded to Jaws11 and put
this on before I started using the machine. After only a couple of days however, a
message came up "the mirror display driver is not properly installed". I could
find no solution/reference to this error on the FS website and the repair suggested in
the dialog box did not work.
Thus I uninstalled and re-installed Jaws again.
A month has gone by and all has been well. Until this evening.
When I switched the computer on this evening the same message came up: "mirror display driver
not properly installed" - shortly followed by "this version needs authorising" even
though I authorised it originally. The dialogs keep coming up and it is now only running in 40
minute mode.
It no longer works with auto-forms-mode and you can't mute the speech with the
control key or by moving the cursors, it simply reads everything out whether I
want it to or not (for 40 mins at least).
What can I do other than uninstall/reinstall and thus redo all my settings?
As I said above, using the CD to correct the error does not work.
Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I don't want it every month!
Kind regards and many thanks
Kirsten.

Alternative archives located at: