lost speech

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:55:15 -0700

I have added a second sound card to my computer.  Now I can't get Jaws to
talk.  I set the ac'97 onboard card to be the default.  Startup music plays
through the card.  Neither Jaws Nor Narrator will talk.  I suspect something
has been turned off in the mixer because I managed to get it talking for a
while.  But, the sound was gone next time I booted.  A strange thing is that
Narrator does talk a bit when the computer is shutting down.

Is there a way to sort this out without sighted help?