list comments / replies

  • From: "Robert McCoy" <rmccoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 04:49:01 -0400

Please consider the following with regard to replies on the list.
I talked to a person who I knew  had received several nasty responses  to
his e-mails on a particular list, however, he had not responded to these.  I
asked him, "What gives, how do you keep your cool?"  He said that when he
got such a e-mail he would compose a response but wait for a while before
sending it off.  Usually he found that it would resolve nothing but would
add to list traffic, so he deleted them.
I think that in light of recent threads this would be good advice.
Please, if you have a comment to make about this thought, send it to me
privately as the list is already overburdened with foolish comments and
snipes.

Sincerely
Robert McCoy
(506) 459-6636