Re: leaving off last letters of word

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:58:37 -0700

John,
I'm afraid I'm lost here.  I don't know what you mean by alt space followed
by a dash, a key combinations I've never used.  And what's a child?

Last, I don't recall ever encountering a situation where my program window
and document window didn't coincide.  When I had normal vision, I did
sometimes take advantage of something like being able to put multiple Word
documents onscreen at once and keep them all visible at once in order to
compare them or move text from one to the other without losing sight of any
one of them.  Is this the kind of situation you're alluding to?  And where
is it that menu items disappear and don't work if you haven't maximized
something without knowing you haven't?  I never encounter this.  I should
add that I'm partially sighted in a way that allows me to see the state of a
window, so maybe that's why I'm not getting this in a way.

thanks for explaining.  Sorry for the mistaken advice.