Re: keeping subject line up to date

  • From: Chris Smart <csmart8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 22:15:47 -0400

At 09:28 PM 4/21/2011, you wrote:
May I put in a polite request for this list? Instead of using the same subject line for EVERY message in a long thread, PLEASE read each message you compose, and if the topic begins to drift or change, select a new subject line to reflect more clearly the content of your current message.

Douglas, you put that so well! Alas, I've been on the Internet since the mid-1990's, and honestly, it is almost impossible to get any group of people to follow that practice. It's another reason why I never want to moderate a mailing list, online forum, etc. But, you make an excellent suggestion, and hopefully it will remind people of the need for accurate subject lines, myself included.

Chris

Alternative archives located at: