Re: jfw Digest V6 #1444

  • From: "Christopher Sharp" <cdjsharp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:27:26 -0700

Hi there: I'm sure Geoff Connor can help you with jaws repair. He knows how to do it. ----- Original Message ----- From: <jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: "jfw digest users" <jfw-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 6:15 PM
Subject: jfw Digest V6 #1444

jfw Digest Mon, 30 Nov 2009 Volume: 06  Issue: 1444

In This Issue:
JAWS 11 bug reported to FS
Serious JAWS and authorization issues
JAWS Repair
weird jaws problem
Re: JAWS Repair
Re: say all command
Re: JAWS Repair

From: "Bob Verity" <rtverity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: JAWS 11 bug reported to FS
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:04:33 -0600

I am running Excel 2007 and found the following problem with JAWS 11.

Monitor cells are not saved.  You can set them but after doing a save
workbook the monitor cells are no longer there.

Just FYI.

------------------------------

From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Serious JAWS and authorization issues
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:33:24 -0000

Hello all,
Using JAWS 11 latest build, has anyone all of a sudden had their locking
code changed, without hardware modifications, and tried to re-activate, only
to be told it failed? This is what happened on my Netbook with Windows 7
starter tonight, but not on my laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I
contacted my UK dealer but was wondering if you had similar problems.
Thank you very much. Take care.
From Chris.

------------------------------

From: "Mark Arnold" <marnold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: JAWS Repair
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:39:55 -0500

List,

When I went to update the latest release of a JAWS update, JAWS stated that
some files might be missing and to run a JAWS Repair.  I have never had to
do this before.  Can someone instruct me on how to run a repair?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:54:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Rouillard <michaelrouillard@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: weird jaws problem

I have the latest version of jaws 10 on windows xp. When I restart jaws after shutting it down, I do not have any speech. The only way for me to get speech back it to restsrt my computer. I have tried reinstalling jaws, reparing jaws, and changing sound cards. Which sound card should I use? I have a dell insprion 1525. The sound card choices are windows default sound card and sigmitell audio.
Thanks!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:06:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Michael Rouillard <michaelrouillard@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: JAWS Repair

Hi Mark,
To do a repare on jaws, insert your program CD and click on clyent setup. When the setup program starts, select repare. Then click repare again. When asked if you want to remove your user settings, say no. Say no again when you are asked if you want to install additional braille displays. Click on finish when it is finished and restart your computer. If you downloaded jaws from the internet, open the file you downloaded and press enter when prompted. Follow the same instructions above.
Michael Rouillard

From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: say all command
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:35:27 -0600

Robert,
I think your correction needs a correction. You might want to check the JAWS Help file or the Keyboard Help for those key combinations.
Gary King
w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: robert Doc Wright
From: "Mark Arnold" <marnold@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 20:15:26 -0500

Michael,
Much appreciated... The JAWS Repair went smoothly and I was then able to run the JAWS update.

Best regards,
Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Rouillard
To do a repare on jaws, insert your program CD and click on clyent setup. When the setup program starts, select repare. Then click repare again. When asked if you want to remove your user settings, say no. Say no again when you are asked if you want to install additional braille displays. Click on finish when it is finished and restart your computer. If you downloaded jaws from the internet, open the file you downloaded and press enter when prompted. Follow the same instructions above.
       Michael Rouillard

When I went to update the latest release of a JAWS update, JAWS stated that some files might be missing and to run a JAWS Repair. I have never had to do this before. Can someone instruct me on how to run a repair?

         Thanks in advance,
         Mark

End of jfw Digest V6 #1444
Alternative archives located at: