Re: jfw Digest V1 #36

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:28:50 -0500

To append carriage returns and linefeeds etcetera to strings:
Create a constant with one of the following values:

(Labelname) = "/r" ; for carriage returns
"/n" for linefeeds
"/t" for tabs
 Then you just append these constants in the combinations you need at the
end of the string for example

let stringvar = stringvar + CR + LF

assuming you created constants CR and LF with values like /r and /n
P.S. I'm not sure if you can append all the control codes using the slash,
or if only certain symbols were incorporated into JAWS script language.  For
a backspace character of Control-H as /008, or in the case of the carriage
return /013.  You could certainly experiment and find out for yourself.