Re: jfw Digest V1 #305

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:56:16 -0400

Copying table elements in Internet Explorer can be done with a simple script
that calls the built-in Jaws function,'SelectHierarchicalElement'.
Example script:

Script SelectTables()
SelectHierarchialElement()
ScriptEnd

I have this script on {Control+Shift+S} key for internet explorer and when
pressed with the active cursor on the first line of a table(or any other
element like a list I believe), it selects the entire table.

The problem is, when  you paste the selected(and don't forget copied) table
elswhere, it doesn't paste in table format(rows and columns), but comes out
in list format with each cell on a seperate line.

Getting the data back into table format is another topic altogether, but can
be easily done.