jaws won't let you enter slash when using the firefox scripts

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:21:04 -0700

Before I installed the firefox scripts for jaws, it seemed I could hit F4 and
somehow land on the field where I typed in an address and firefox would go to
that page.  Maybe this was just lucky because that's not the command they
mention for firefox.  Now that I installed the scripts, it seems when I try to
type in the webaddress, jaws says find next when ever I enter the slash
character.  I.E.
http://www.fortheloveofgodpleasestopsendingmespamyoueviladvertisers.com I would
get to the http: part then when I tried to type http:/, jaws immediately said
"findnext".  If I did something wrong please let me know.  If there's a way not
to have firefox open up a new tab to enter webaddresses or whenever I want to
view the help screen please let me no.  btw, someone should link the firefox
scripts directly to the programs section on the jfwlite page.
Sean