Re: jaws update continued

  • From: larelishumate@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 05:09:06 -0400 (EDT)

hi,
     I don't use any of the open office products so I  can't relate on
that.  I have used Microsoft word for years and wish that  Microsoft office
2007
did not have those blasted ribbons.  I bet though  that for the sighted
user it works great but honestly for a blind user it's  not.  Another thing
about Microsoft Office 2007 that I don't like is the  fact that everything on
those ribbons is so scattered.
     Laura SHumate

In a message dated 6/29/2010 11:53:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  thing is though, NVDA does not have as steep a learning curve, as
most of  its commands are like JAWS commands, and most of the keystrokes
are like  JAWS ones. However, the default synthesizer shipped may be a
learning  curve for some, however if they have a program like Kurzweil
1000  installed then they can use the more familiar Eloquence, by telling
NVDA  to use SAPI4. Just my £0.02 worth.

Signed by Chris  Hallsworth
MSN:  ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/christopherh40