Re: jaws quits on the word c a e s u r e it knocks out jaws, could someone find out what makes certain words do this? Dave Hutchins Fw: typing error

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 10:04:31 -0700

I politely disagree.  The word (or the letter combination, actually) causes
a jaws crash.  That this has to do with the Eloquence synch doesn't distance
it as you claim.  Eloquence is the built-in default synth for Jaws, and the
majority of us use it.  Also, the solution for avoiding a crash, unless one
really wants to change synthesizers, which I certainly have no interest in
doing, is to make an adjustment in Jaws.  I think that should describe the
relationship clearly enough.

I would ask myself, why am I so distressed about this that I want to scold
everyone for discussing this topic?  This list is unique for its sporadic
eruptions of anger and then legalistic discussion about what may be
considered jaws-related and what shouldn't be.  I suggest that if things
keep taking such an uncivil term, it might be worth rethinking this kind of
acting out behavior.  We all have our disappointments and challenges to cope
with in this life of ours, but that's no reason to go off on people in a
control freak rage over things like this.  I'm sorry if this seems a
personal attack, Chris, because I mean you no harm.  but this happens more
on this list than anywhere else I'm familiar with.  By which I do not mean
that on other lists I'm subscribed to, no one cares about staying on topic
and so forth.  No.  Everyone cares.  But it gets sort of hair-trigger and
really nasty here in this regard, and it might be worth thinking about.

Peace to all.
the ise