Re: jaws 8.0 for itunes

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:05:03 -0500

Yes, you are thinking of Bryan Hartgen.
His scripts cost £30 UK, which would be, let's see, somewhere in the area of $50? That to me is a bit much to pay, and for a free program, and to me there are more accessible alternatives which require absolutely no scripts to function properly. If you have an iPod, there are other more accessible programs you can use such as Anapod Explorer

http://www.redchairsoftware.com

the program is $30, or $20 if you own one of the iPod shuffles at least last I checked it was. that just seems to be a more accessible program than itunes could ever be. Plus, if you own JAWS 8, as many of us do, his scripts don't even work with it. so the last suppported version was 7.10 I believe. and if that wasn't, then 7.0 definitely was.

At 05:18 PM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
is that correct? I thought I had read that somebody had written scripts to work it. Think you have to purchas them though.
I think the name of the person was Brian. Sorry don't remember his last name.
Max.

on 05:43 24/06/2007, Chris Skarstad said:
Hi.

Forget Itunes, not accessible with JAWS, or any other screenreader, at least under windows.

At 02:32 PM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
I download itunes and wonder how to use it with jaws 8.0 and want to learn the keystroke for itunes to get to the library and etc. I will appreciate if
you can help me.
Addison

< http://www.eset.com>http://www.eset.com