Re: ie9:

  • From: "Yadiel Sotomayor" <yadosotomayor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 09:51:28 -0400

Kenny, I use IE 9 since the beta and the download windows is accessible. Try the following:

When you hit a link to download wait a couple of seconds and then press either alt D or F6. This will take you to the information bar. There you can select the buttons for run, open or save. Save is a split button. If you hit enter, it will save to IE9's default location. If you hit down arrow, you can select between save and save as. Where save as will let you choose where to save the file.

When you hit a link and the download file dialog box appears automatically:

Use the jaws cursor to find the item you want on the list. Usually if the download began automatically, you will see there the KBPS and the time remaining. But if the file needs imput or it stopped you can select with the jaws cursor the buttons for resume, save, run open, or cancel. Depending the case.

Give it a try.

Also, I believe that jaws 11 doesn't have support for IE9, however, it can be used by it. Older versions of Jaws cannot use IE9.

I suggest you keep trying IE9 since it is a better than 8 by far. If you really don't like IE 9, give FireFox 4.0 a try. Note of warning, it requires a larger learning curve than IE 9.

HTH

Yadiel