how JAWS version 6 behaves with Windows Messenger

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JAWS Lite" <Jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:24:10 -0600

Hi,

    Just a line to introduce myself.  This is Ray.

    Now, I just got JAWS version 6 and I'm noticing that when I access
Windows Messenger, and press shift+alt+F12 once, I hear, "contacts will not
be announced when they sign in.  To turn this feature on, click this hot key
twice.  I do; however, contacts are still not being announced on sign in.
This was not an issue with JAWS 5.1, which I still have.  The version of
JAWS 6 I have is the quella version.  Has anybody else out there experienced
this issue with JAWS quella version 6?  IF so, how did you correct it?
Would I be correct in assuming that the scripts for msn 6 found in JAWS
version 6 can be replaced with those of JAWS version 5.1?  Why did they
change the scripts anyhow?  Thanks.

Sincerely Yours,

The Constantly BAREFOOTED
Ray