Re: further news on amazon and possible other sites

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:23:59 -0600

I didn't use internet explorer. There's a program called Proxomitron which allows you to change how the pages are rendered to your computer. This works by emulating a proxy server and passing the pages content through this fake server.

In order to set this up, you'd need to tell internet explorer to use a proxy, set the address to localhost and set up the port you want it on.

I really don't use it unless i go to amazon, since I've noticed problems with windows live messenger. It doesn't stay signed in when I use it. If you haven't noticed any slowness on certain sites, there's probably no need to use it. If you do, however, contact me off list and i'll help.

Thanks,
Blake

From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: further news on amazon and possible other sites
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:39:32 -0700

Hi Blake,

Thanks for the expert analysis with that tool you used. When you say you had
to disable Java, do you mean you went into your browser options and did
that? If not,then how? I just went to my Insert V menu, and there's no way
to turn Java on and off in that menu. So I looked at the manage add-ones
section of my IE7 options menus, and I see that there aware two identical
Java entries to do with a plug-in listed (does this mean they're enabled?)
plus one Java console something or other. If going into this menu is the
only way to fix the problem, could you explain the steps for disabling these
things safely? Would there be any disadvantage in doing that, by the way?
Would it render inaccessible something else on the Web that I'd regret
losing?

thanks.