Re: free Jaws friendly rss readers?

  • From: Brandon B <serrebi101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:37:26 -0800

Hello,
The main advantages for me are that the application sits in your system trey constantly checking feeds[I have mine checking every 15 minutes, but you can manually update if your cronicly addicted to checking rss feeds or waiting on a release or whatever], Plus, sharp reader has a builtin IE browser so you can optionally view a summary of the article[just tab from the listbox and depending on the feed setup you will see a summary] , or press enter on the story and wait for the page to load then tab to the article. I switched a few days ago, so still getting used to it, but for me it's much better then using the browser because at least in firefox if you had like 30 or more feeds the browser started to lag a bit.

Allison Mervis wrote:
What are the advantages in your opinion of using sharpreader instead of IE?
Thanks!
Allison