RE: error about jls file

  • From: Karim Lakhani <karim.lakhani@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:45:15 -0600

Hello all,
I had to get the video card replaced on the computer causing me problems.
Now I still get the same error message about accentsa.jls file not loaded.
I've lost my network connection to the computer which is causing me
problems.
It boots into XP without a problem and I have no one with sight  to verify
all this.
After the error message is spoken by eloquence a dialog box comes up to
click on OK.
Unfortunately this locks up my key board and mouse.
So the person who was helping me a couple of days ago was able to boot into
safe mode.
Until the system wouldn't boot due to the video card.
I've got a basic ATI card in it and the guy tried the computer when he put
the card in but I was still sleeping and forgot to see if he could use a
mouse and stop jaws from loading.
With all this I have CD ROM problems.
What a pain!
Wasn't sure how to disable jaws from safe mode.
I've tried another keyboard on the offending computer with no response.
I guess this will require sighted assistance because I cannot figure out
what else to try.
I've put in the jaws CD for version 8 to come up talking but it doesn't
I have a clock setup to chime on the computer that is working but nothing
else.
Hope someone out there is reading this and may want to suggest some things
to try.
Thanks for the help!

$$$$
MSN: & EMAIL: karim.lakhani@xxxxxxx
****
"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear
and no concept of the odds against them. They make the impossible
happen."

{Dr. Robert Jarvik Heart Surgeon}