Re: ddddRe: VISTA Windows Mail Questions

  • From: "Kim Loftis" <kll2277@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:30:46 -0400

Hi Rick,

My understanding is that, yes, they are in fact two totally separate programs.
I am using Windows Live Mail myself, on a machine running XP Pro.  I was
experiencing similar issues to yours, until a member of this list so kindly
helped me out.  Here's some info that hopefully will help you:

To get to your contacts list from within the Windows Live Mail program, press
control plus shift plus c.

If you want to type an email address, and it's in your contacts list, begin
typing the first few letters of that address, and then, while still in your
'to" edit field, press the enter key.  Then the address should autocomplete for
you.  It takes a little getting use to, but isn't all that inconvenient once
you get use to it.

Hope this helps some.

Best,
Kim