cursor focus, sometimes it is right way, sometimes the wrong way

  • From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:40:36 -0600

Can anyone guess at what is going on?
My email setting is not set for plain text only. But I have even seen that
this happens when I do have it set in plain text.

Some times I am able to open my emails and JAWS reads them splendidly. I do
have to wait just a wee bit and not hit a read command when first opening it
or else the cursor focus is lost.

But other times, it seems that focus will just go up into the header part of
the email and I cannot even TAB down into the message area.

I'm using the latest update of JAWS, and the Windows Live Mail program.

When this occurs, arrowing up or down line by line or any of the other
reading commands works.

I also find that in attempting to navigate these messages in HTML or text
that attempting Read All command JAWS always says too large and will not
read it.

Any suggestions or ideas appreciated.

I do find that I can use the JAWS cursor to at least get the message read,
or at least what is currently displayed on the screen. So all is not lost.

Thanks.
Rick

Alternative archives located at: