RE: create new folder in outlook express

  • From: "Barbara" <barbaraanne1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:34:40 -0600

Addison,
I am not sure what your problem might be.  I too have 8 on my home laptop
and can add new folders.
First I go to the Tree View - are you using that view - where the different
folders are on the left side of the screen and are accessed by using PF6 or
tab?
Then I arrow to the folder that I want the new folder to be under.  I do
press enter just to be sure that I am within that folder.
However, if you know you are where you want the folder added, you can start
building from either side of the screen.

I use ctl/shift/E to bring up the New Folder dialogue directly.
I type in the new folder's name and tab to OK.
Press enter and there it is.
I tried it without tabbing to the OK and it still works - press after the
new folder's name it typed.

Are you aware that the tree view really is a tree view and that you may have
to use the right arrow to open it after a folder is built?

Always,
Barbara Anne

BarbaraAnne1@xxxxxxx
Home:  501-225-1555
Cell:  501-551-8555
Blessed are those who can give without remembering, And take without
forgetting.