Re: changing the way Jaws indicates capital letters

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:28:00 -0400

Troy,

I believe what you are looking for is in the Speech and Sounds manager.
Below is a link that will take you directly to FS technical bulletin 247
from 24 Oct 2003.  This bulletin explains that the feature you are asking
about was removed from the user settings and verbosity options and added
to Speech and Sounds in version 5.0.  It offers suggestions and steps to
make the changes to your scheme.
Hope this helps.
http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=579

Regards.

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Troy Burnham" <homerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/03/2006 10:10
Please respond to
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
changing the way Jaws indicates capital letters

Hi All,
Where do I go to change the setting from Jaws indicating a capital letter
with a pitch change to something else, such as saying cap before any
capital
letter?

Thanks.
Troy