changing the view of my documents

  • From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:45:14 +0800

hi John,
you wrote:
I think when getting a windows update it might have changed things.

no, windows update did not change the view setting, the only problem is, you
need to set all folders to the same setting. to do so,
try the following steps:

1. in any folder, e.g. c:\, press alt+t (for tools), then type letter o to
activate "folder options".

2. press ctrl+tab to switch to the 2nd tab, that is view page.

3. press enter at the first button labeled "apply to all folders: button", then
a pop-up will ask for confirmation looks like this:

block quote
Set all the folders on your computer to match the current folder's view
settings (except for toolbars and folder tasks)?
Changes will occur the next time you open them.
Yes No
block quote end

press yes to confirm.

4. you will back to the view page, now tab to apply button and hit spacebar and
finally press ok button.

restart your computer once, your view setting will be same for all folders
after restart.

hope this helps.

Warmest Regards,

Allan Wong