Re: cd burners

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:02:20 -0800

hi,

It sounds like you are probably using win 98 then. is that so? If that is
the case then usually there will be drivers that might need to be installed
with the drive. An XP system is pretty much plug and play.

Most cd burners are quite easy to install if you wish for an internal drive.
It would be best if you had sighted help though. External drives are very
easy to use also. The only draw back on an external may be the transfer rate
due to the way USB transfers data. A firewire drive is much faster but not
as common and sometimes more expensive.

The best solution is to ask for a brand new computer for Christmas. They are
so inexpensive and come fully loaded usually with a combo DVD/cd burner
drive and a bunch of memory.

That is what I would do.

Rich