capturing streaming audio

  • From: "Robbie L Miller" <robbie.miller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:28:28 -0600

Hello Listers,
When I logon to XM Radio.com, I'm using Power Record by Blaze Audio to try and
capture the streaming audio and convert it to .wav files.  The program is
somewhat accessible with JFW.  I have a problem with choosing the correct input
Source, if I use line in or line in2 I get nothing.  If I use microphone, the
program records JFW speaking along with the music stream and any other sounds
near my laptop; My laptop must have a built-in mike, because I don't have a
free standing microphone  connected to it.  If I use mixer, the program records
the music stream just fine, but if JFW says anything, that still gets recorded.

Am I using the wrong input sorce?  Is there a setting for JFW I can change?
Should I buy a second sound card for JFW only?
Thanks for any help.

robbie
robbie.miller@xxxxxxxxxxx