burning cd'sFw: Some good info for youFw: [real-eyes] accessible CD burning application

  • From: "Dave Hutchins" <dhutchins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 01:11:25 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruby Polk
To: Dave Hutchins
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 7:44 PM
Subject: Some good info for youFw: [real-eyes] accessible CD burning application

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul L. Mimms
To: Real-Eyes list
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 10:53 AM
Subject: [real-eyes] accessible CD burning application

Definite thanks, Jim.  Hope you have managed to dig out from under all the
rubble!

******
Thanks to Jim Ellsworth for providing the following information.
Hi everyone,
I want to let everyone know that there is a very accessible CD/DVD burning
program out there that will rip, burn do images etc.  It is a mainstream
application that supports over 1600 CD/DVD burners, and more are being added
all the time.  I use JAWS and CDRWIN is just plain accessible right out of
the box.  I would imagine it would be with Window Eyes as well.  I cam
across it a short time ago on the
WWW.JFWLite.com
 web site by clicking the
programs link.  There are some scripts available for the CDRWIN program on
that site as well, but they only perform I think two things like announcing
remaining time etc.  I know there is another accessible CD/DVD program out
there but I believe it is more expensive.  CDRWIN only costs 34.95 for an 18
month license and I think if I remember right you can renew for 14.95.  You
can download a fully functional demo that will even allow you to test its
burning capability, but at 1X only for the demo version.  If you find that
your burner is not yet supported you can write to them and they will add it
in the next release of CDRWIN.  Here is the web site.  I encourage everyone
who is looking for an accessible, cheap program to burn CD's and DVD's to
give this a try.  By the way, I wrote to them because my burner was not yet
supported and they were quick with their response and said they would add my
device with the next release.  This is exactly what I have been looking for.
http://www.goldenhawk.com/
Thank you,
Jim
http://for-the-people.com
To unsubscribe from this list, press Enter on the link below.
A new message will popup all ready addressed with unsubscribe in the subject
line.  Simply send it that way.
www.for-the-people.com
        For The People provides this information as a service and neither
endorses
nor accepts any liability for the performance or quality of the products
mentioned on this list.
Remember our Accessible Devices session Sunday at 2:00PM Eastern in
Disability Forum
Be sure to make use of the Accessible Devices Archives, available from the
Cool Links choice on our Home Page.
To post material to this list send to;
peepslistmanager@xxxxxxxxx
Please put Accessible Devices Post in the Subject line.

Paul L. Mimms
West Palm Beach FL

Smiling is a great way to kill time between laughs.

If you want to share pictures, use the calendar, or start a questionnaire
visit http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/real-eyes