RE: automatic toggle not as good as hoped

  • From: "jim grimsby Jr." <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:33:55 -0700

You will find this in verbosity option jawskey+v, under

Virtual Cursor Options

General Options.

Document automatically reads

Help information for this option is as follows.

When this option is turned on, JAWS performs a Say All and automatically
begins reading the Web page that is open in your browser as usual.

This mode is convenient when surfing the Web with Internet Explorer or
Firefox; however, there are many times when a user would prefer that JAWS

just loads the page and reports the number of links and headings, but avoids
starting a say all. This could be very useful to disable if

you are working on pages with forms or using JAWS in conjunction with MAGic.

The default setting for this option is on.

Note: If you would like to customize JAWS so that continuous reading is
disabled for specific Web pages, you can use Personalized Web Settings

to turn off this option.  To do this, press SHIFT+INSERT+V, navigate to the
Document Reads Automatically option, and turn it off.

Also so far it works like I would expect it to.

Hth