RE: acrobat reader

  • From: "Rex Leslie Howard, Jr." <hbk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:42:06 -0500

I forgot to send my message in text format and it has those =3D signs in =
it.
Sorry folks, my first post here.

I'll paste that information again here and hope it comes out better this
time.

Sandy asked about opening PDF documents in the browser.

I have never had success in opening a PDF file in the browser. Right =
click
the link and then choose "save as" from the menu and save the document =
your computer and then open the document. I can't remember if Acrobat =
Reader
5.1 has the option of saving the file as a "text" or "accessible" file. =
It
seems that what I remember doing was to choose the "copy file to =
clipboard"
option in the edit menu, but I can't really remember. I upgraded to =
Acrobat
6 and find it easier to use and more access friendly. If you have =
trouble
right clicking a link, root your Jaws cursor to PC cursor and then use =
your
right click command, whatever that might be in your case. You might be =
able
to use the "application key" as the right click but that doesn't always
work. If you want to click on a link and you don't know whether it might =
be
a PDF link, you can check it by right clicking the link, pressing R for
"properties" and then arrowing down to look at the URL associated with =
the
link.

Hope this helps.

Rex