Re: accessible encyclopedia with jaws

  • From: "john r. vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:07:20 -0400

Brian, here is the help topic from the Online help on JFW 5  on using the
Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. go to jaws interface and bring up help.
under help topics, open jaws with popular applications and you can down
arrow to Grolliers.  There are no scripts for Encarta, but I suspect they
could be done if enough folks asked FS.
I have used the 1998, 1999 and 2000 and 2001 versions of Grolliers as noted
below.  I have also had success using the 2003 Encarta that came with my
computer.  I have to do some activities with the jaws curser but the
information can be found.
I think others have used the Brittanica encyclopedia with success but I have
not tried it.
John in sunny florida

Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia

The topics listed below are for the Grolier 1999 and 2000 Multimedia
Encyclopedia with JAWS.  I have been able to rename the configuration files
so that I can use the 2001 edition of this product.

The purpose of this document is to give you a general overview of The
Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia. It is not meant to be a replacement for the
existing
documentation and help files provided by Grolier Interactive, Inc. Instead,
this document is intended to supplement the existing documentation by giving
the JAWS user a description of the application structure of The Grolier
Multimedia Encyclopedia and some guidelines on how it can be used with JAWS
as
an accessibility tool. Please visit
http://go.grolier.com/go-ol/static/features/gmefeatrs.htm
for more information on Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia.