Re: a query about my version of jaws

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:46:54 -0500

No, this doesn't indicate if the pro version is running or authorized. I'm
copying an edited message posted some time ago that explains two methods for
making this determination. As an aside, I don't understand why they're both so
convoluted.

I think we have to be precise in the terminology we use, so here goes.

Edition of Jaws: either Standard or Pro.

Version: This is only the number that defines how up-to-date the copy of Jaws
is.

There are two ways to find the "Edition."

1. Go to www.fsactivate.com and follow the steps. This will require you to
enter your serial number.

2. Go to Start then P then J then down arrow to Tools then right arrow then
down arrow to ILM Authorization Viewer and press enter. You will have to wait
awhile for the information to be displayed.