a few things about Spyware guard

  • From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 14:16:41 -0400

Hi all,

I have both spyware blaster, and spyware guard on here. One thing I am
finding on occasion, is that jfw will keep saying, spyware guard, spyware
guard,spyware guard as I am downloading my mail using Outlook Express 6.
This usually occurs just after I have opened the program to check for
updates. so even after I push alt f4 to close the main program, jfw will
continue to say spyware guard using the message voice.

One other thing, just to keep in mind if you choose to use spyware guard. It
keeps hold of at least two .tmp files, so if you get a message saying that
these files may be in use, it's because spyware guard seems to need them in
some way. How do I know this, you may ask? I exited spyware guard, and I
could then delete the .tmp files. All these files were able to be deleted
before I installed the program. Not complaining, just making an observation.

Hal