RE: Word; was misc settings in office 2003 with jfw9?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:38:56 -0400

Hi again Dave,

As you say, use the view menu and choose the header/footer choice to go
into the header/footer editor.  This isn't a dialog, so you can't use
tab to move around, it's another document editor, so tabs just get
entered into the header or footer.

Press the insert + f1 key to get jaws help, and it will tell you that
you are in the header/footer pane, and it will give you the info that
the up/down arrow keys will move you between the header and the footer
portion.  It also gives you info on your document, such as how many
sections it has. It also helps to have your styles detection set to
speak, that way if you move between the header and the footer portion,
it will announce the style change, helping you to know which one you're
in.

The jaws help also gives you a link to get more info on the jaws hot
keys for word.

some of the header/footer options are controlled via a toolbar which is
displayed when you're editing a header/footer.  This is the one which
says "insert autotext" when you first land on it.  This is where you
control choices such as different first page (by selecting the "page
setup" button on the header/footer toolbar), the "same as previous"
option for the header/footer (that's the "link to previous" button),
being able to insert page numbering into the footer, and being able to
move between multiple headers or footers when you have a multi-section
document.

Jaws help tells you to choose the view menu and the normal view to exit
the header/footer pane, but this changes your document view (which is
usually set to page view), so I've found that choosing the view menu and
the header/footer option a second time will also serve to exit you out
of the header/footer pane without changing the document view.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator