RE: Word 2003 vs. Word 2000

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:30:51 -0500

Judith,

You'll get really good Word answers if you start using the Word usenet
news groups provided by MS;  they all have names that begin with
"microsoft.public.word." and then there are a variety of specialty news
groups, including one for beginners (probably where this kind of
question belongs), and one for formatting very large documents.  MS even
provides a free usenet news server named msnews.microsoft.com

The answer is that what you did sounds like it would work, but there are
better ways of handling document formatting in Word, but they don't
belong here.

You can also buy e-books on Word, and I'm pretty sure someone has even
put a minimal one up on the web as a tutorial.

You should read up on paragraph styles, as that would be a better
approach than direct paragraph formatting.

Hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator