RE: Won't read in Word perfect 11

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:25:45 -0500

While I don't have 11 to experiment with, all previous versions have =
required a change to the registry in order to make WP output text in a =
standard way that can be read by JFW.  JFW itself has provided this =
registry change, but it apparently does not include one for version 11, =
and the key is different for each version of WP.  If you would like to =
do this yourself (it's not dangerous, just a little trouble), you'll =
need to take the following lines of text, between the dashed lines, and =
place them into a file with a .reg extension.  Then execute the .reg =
file in window explorer or with the windows run command, and answer =
"yes" when asked if you want to apply the changes to your registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\WordPerfect\11\Display]
"Disable Optimization"=3D"1"

Note that if you have multiple user logins for a pc, you'll need to do =
this operation for each user of the pc.

hth,

Chip