Re: Windows Media 9.0 & tracks playing

  • From: Red <red2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:30:54 -0400

Hi Louis
Does wmp 9 have file markers?

For Your Info
1. Microsoft help info
2. Keyboard info

To play marked sections in a file

Some digital media files contain markers, which are like tracks on a CD. When you select a marker from a list, the Player begins playing the section of the file associated with that marker.
  • On the View menu, point to File Markers, and then click a marker to play.

Related topics

© 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

In Windows Media 10 you can move to file markers by alt V and A.
You can also find your spot in a file by control +P (media player keys to pause playback) and then
Press CTRL+TAB to move the focus between the inner and outer areas of the Player to(access the media player main screen with jaws) then jaws will tell you the time or file markers. I use this info as bookmarks.
Return to reading with control+p
To return to your file marker hit alt + V and A then arrow to the closest marker.

enjoy your book!
Preston, Brantford, Ontario, Canada

At 09:37 PM 9/7/2005, you wrote:
Hi List,
I am using Windows Media 9.0 and am listening to an audio book and cannot figure out how to get to the list of tracks on the CD.  My boys say it is on the screen, but I cannot navigate to it.  I want to arrow through it and jump to a particular track.  Can anybody please assist.

Louis

"Luck is a product of hard work."
Louis A. Lucero