Re: Windows 7 and E-Mail Client and JAWS

  • From: Sue B <sueb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:14:45 -0400

Lynn,

You could go ahead and try Thunderbird now just to be sure you like it. Feel free to e-mail off the list for keystrokes and such. I've been using it for a few years and I'm really comfortable with it.

Sue B.

Lynn Golightly wrote:
Sue,

Do I understand that Windows 7 will maintain your regular e-mail client?  I just read an article that indicated Windows 7 has no e-mail client, except Windows Live.  I use XP and am concerned about JAWS and its ability to read Windows Live.  Thanks for the information about JAWS 10 being fairly accessible with Thunderbird.  I am using XP and have no plans to upgrade to Vista.  I will go directly to Windows 7 when I upgrade and want to be sure I have an accessible e-mail client JAWS accesses well.

Thanks.

Vicky Golightly
-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw Alternative archives located at: http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx