Re: Window XP Bootable external hard drive?

  • From: "AB7HW Dick Lee Chrisman" <ab7hw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:51:28 -0700

Good now what I need to do is boot to a External Hard Drive while using the
Windows XP CD.
I have my Windows XP system copied to a external hard drive using Casper and
if there is a hard failure or the OS gets Convoluted and won't boot from the
C: drive I want to boot from the external hard drive.
I think I understand that Windows XP won't boot to a external drive.
So do you think that while booted from the Windows XP CD I can then when
offered the choice boot to or move to the external drive with fully bootable
system and the copy system by Casper program and repair or replace the
entire OS and all of my hard drive information on the     external hard
drive?
Dick