Re: Winamp

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:42:37 -0400

Hi

This is definitely correct.

When installing the program it's really important to pay close attention to what other components it installs so that if you ever need to get rid of it and/or re-install it, you'll have control over what happens. During the instalation there are checkboxes to install the Winamp remote, the internet explorer toolbar and other stuff that gets added in there. Those checkboxes are checked by default, because I guess those guys just think you want all that stuff.

If you leave those particular checkboxes unchecked during the instalation you won't see any of those things even after you uninstall Winamp. So during the instalation, be sure that none of those checkboxes are checked and all will be great.

At 12:40 PM 9/3/2008, you wrote:
When I uninstalled it, I did it from add/remove programs. It was called the Winamp toolbar for Internet Explorer and it appeared in the list separately from Winamp. There was also a small app called Winamp toolbar for Firefox and one called Winamp remote.

Kristeen M Hughes
<mailto:khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>khug.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx