Re: What line in note pad

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:36:35 -0400

Brian, well this is the best I can think of.  I don't think there is any
jaws keystrokes to give you that information in notepad.
But notepad has a quirk.  You can only view the status bar if word wrap is
turned off.  If you have word wrap on and look under the view menu, status
bar will be unavailable.  But if you go to the format menu and enter on word
wrap to uncheck it, then you can go back to the view menu and enter on
status bar.  Then  you can use insert numpad 3 to read the status line and
it will tell you line and column.
But what this means is that as you type the text will just keep going and
going and going on that line, grin.  You need to hit return at what you want
your right margin (so to speak) to be.
Maybe somebody else will have a better answer.
Debbie