RE: What do I do before scripting a program?

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <hardy_grant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:05:59 -0800

Hello:

If you want to write scripts for a program, you should look around the
program first, plan what you think needs scripting.  In terms of classes,
you would assign a class if, for instance, you are in a dialog box, but JAWS
does not detect it as being a dialog box.  Some programs are not designed
well in this respect.
As for sending the information to a friend, under your c:\jaws (version
nummber) \settings\enu folder, you would find the files with the same name
as that application; example: calculator.jss.
Copy these files to diskette, Email them, whatever.  Your friend must then
place them in his/her settings folder.

Grant