Vista and SP1

  • From: "Peter" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindvista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:27:28 -0000

    Hi, sorry as I can't remember whether this issue came up on the Blind Vista
or JFW list, but some of you may remember us talking about the release of
Service Pack 1, and I said that when I installed SP1 I was having a lot of
problems with my computer and having to reinstall everything. Many people came
forward and said that they weren't having issues and suggested I was the only
one.

Anyway, I just wanted people to be aware if they were going to install SP1
before Microsoft officially release it to non-volume users that there are still
issues with SP1 which means some device drivers are causing the computer to
basically become unusable.

Microsoft are aware of it, and the issues are so bad that when Microsoft
releases it using Windows Update in March, they will not be making it available
to those users with the effected hardware drivers i.e. not everyone will get it
in March automatically.

I'm mentioning it because I know several users have been installing it manually
(I myself being one of them), and I'd just hate for JAWS users to end up with
an almost unusable   system by installing it.

I would strongly suggest people wait until Windows Update installs this
automatically so you know your not effected.

For those of you who arne't sure what I'm on about, ignore this as it means
your not thinking of installing it manually in the first place.

Peter