Video intercept again.

  • From: "Tom Reid" <Tom.Reid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:42:30 +0100

Is it me or are other people having video intercept probs with jaws 5.
I have xp and an nvidia geforce 2 card.

I repeatedly get the message that video intercept is not installed and even
when I install it "Successfully" jaws fails on restart. The screen gets totally
degraded and people with reasonable sight can't read it.

To try to correct the prob, I uninstalled all versions of jaws in descending
order, deleteded dcmuser.dll, cleared the sys reg of all jaws entries, checked
for nvidia upgrades, reinstalled jaws 5 and guess what?

Finally, I did an upgrade install of xp and am back to jaws 4.5 which seems to
be working for the time being...

In xp device manager when things work, there are no prob devices showing as far
as I can tell.

Can anyone suggest what more I could have done?

How do you get jaws to read the performance stats in xp.

If this is a general prob, I would get to FS before the next upgrade.

Tom